If you were to ask my mother what my favorite hobbies were as a child, on her list she would definitely include reading and being read to. But over the years it seems that excitement slowly faded away – as if I had forgotten all those wonderful childhood memories of reading with my mom. I began to view reading more as a chore or something mandatory rather than something I truly enjoyed. As such, reading was no longer part of my plans or hobbies.
All that changed a few years ago when I met my partner, Josh. He enjoys reading very much and has encouraged me to start reading again. But this time it was different because my perspective changed after he helped me discover books that I would eventually appreciate and also helped me remember what it felt like to enjoy a good book. I’ve become more disciplined and consistent with my reading. Now we love sharing, recommending and reviewing the books we read with each other and with our friends (and vice versa). I appreciate reading now more than ever, especially because of the covid-19 pandemic and quarantine situation that many of us are in.
One of the tools I’ve been using lately to stay motivated and accountable is the “Goodreads” App. What I love about it is the ability to keep track of books I have read, am reading, and want to read. This App also has challenges that assist readers in reaching goals such as reading a book a month (which is my current goal). I’m not an affiliate of the “Goodreads” App, I just enjoy using it and recommend it to those of you who want to be part of a reading community or just keep track of your reading progress.
THE MOST RECENT BOOKS WE’VE READ AND RECOMMEND:
BOOKS WE ARE CURRENTLY READING:
BOOKS WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO READ
Here is our list of recommendations. I hope they become part of your list too!
Below that, I’ve organized the books in order from highest to lowest ranking, based on a 5 star rating (according to the “Goodreads” App). I’ve also included the book cover and year it was published. Keep in mind that we mainly read books about Psychology, Business & Marketing, Neuroscience and Self-Help.
- Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the quest for a fantastic future
- Persuasion: Convincing other when facts don´t seem to matter By Lee Hartley
- When Buyer Say no: Essential Strategies For keeping a sale moving forward by Tom Hopkins
- Way of the wolf: Become a master closer with straight line selling By Jordan Belfort
- Emotional Intelligence By Daniel Goleman
- Cannabis Pharmacy: The practical guide to medical marijuana By Michael Backes
- This is marketing: You can´t be seen until you learn to see By Seth Godin
- The four agreements: A practical guide to personal freedom By Miguel Ruiz
- Ego is the enemy By Ryan Holiday
- As a man thinketh By James Allen
- To pixar and beyond By Lawrence Levy
- Influence: The psychology of persuasion By Robert B. Cialdini
- Screw businnes as usual By Richard Branson
- The soulfoul art of persuasion: The 11 habits that will make anyone a master influencer By Jason Harris
- Upstream: The quest to solve problems before they happen By Dan heath
- The innovator’s dilemma: When new technologies cause great firms to fail By Clayton M. Christensen
- Shut up and listen!: Hard business truths that will help you succeed By Tilman Fertitta
- Sell or be sold: How to get your way in business and in life By Grant Cardone
- Get out of yor head: Stopping the spiral of toxic thoughts By Jennie Allen
I want to also thank our close friend Hubert for always making great recommendations. Surrounding yourself with others who enjoy the same things is a fantastic way to stay motivated.
Let me know in the comments below if you have read any of the books on this list and your thoughts on it. I welcome any other suggestions as well for future reads! ♥